Saturday, January 27, 2007

Leaving

Only about 12 hours left until I head out the door. Everything is packed and I’m all ready to go, perhaps a little nervous now that the time has arrived, but still looking forward to the experience. I’m a little too tired right now, though, to get worked up about more than a shower and a little sleep. Last night was bit restless, was up early for radio, and didn’t have time to take a nap as there was so much to get done before leaving.

Thanks so much to everyone who has taken time to write and call to wish me well. Your messages are as valuable as anything I will experience in Nepal.

I leave tomorrow having learned only today that this year is being celebrated as the 2550 since the birth of Siddhartha Gautama, the Indian prince who became the one we know as the Buddha. Perhaps, as Mutsumi suggests, there is some destiny or fate involved. I tend to think it’s just happy coincidence. Whichever it is, it certainly doesn’t hurt.

Talk to you again from Kathmandu.

#

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jeff! Man, I gotta pay more attention to my friends. [guilt, guilt] I think it's great you're pursuing your dream. You'll be gone only two months? Sometimes, reading the blog just now, I thought it was a permanent move.

    I've lost contact with a lot of people--4 jobs at once just turns me into a mess. I'll only have the one job for the next two years--no wait, two jobs...maybe 3 in 2008. Ahhh! Oh well, I hope I can focus a bit more on relationships that I have been the past couple of years.

    Have a great experience in Nepal! And thanks for sending me notices on your blog updates!

    ReplyDelete