Sunday, July 15, 2007

Birthday 46

Yesterday was a pretty good day.

It started with radio (where I received a large number of congratulatory emails and faxes, thanks in most part to a campaign organized by Mutsumi), then to university for three make-up classes, one of which was canceled due to a typhoon far south of here that never did more in Fukuoka than sprinkle a bit rain and rustle a few leaves. We didn't even have any decent winds.

Dinner with my old friend Hide was also canceled because train service was suspended and he couldn't get to Fukuoka, so plan B turned out to be yakiniku with Mutsumi and the Seki sisters. Yumi and Hiroko are dear friends with whom we have shared many dinners and a few concerts. We also spend time together each week in the English conversation class I teach at the local community center.

Mutsumi, Jeff, Yumi, Hiroko

This morning I"m overfed, it's raining, and I feel like doing nothing more than laying on the sofa for the rest of the day. But because I feel guilty doing that, I'm here at the computer trying to make myself feel like I've accomplished something.

Maybe I should just go out and play in the rain.

#

0 comments:

Post a Comment