Wednesday, February 4, 2009

First Thangka: Day 29

As I noted in my previous post, I've started the process of lining and so that you can see what I'm doing I've created a composite. The top version is from Sunday, after I had completed the coloring. The bottom is from this afternoon, after 2 days with a fine brush trying (though often unsuccessfully) to draw very precise lines.



Five hours of this is hard on the shoulders and the eyes. One of my classmates, without prompting, walked up behind me today and gave me a shoulder massage, which felt sooooooo good. He's the one getting his head shaved. Don't know why today and particularly why at school, but this is the scene I found when I came back form lunch.


Also today, one student finished his painting of Manjushri. Perhaps someday I can do as well!


#

0 comments:

Post a Comment