Sunday, July 12, 2009

Moving to Ras Al Khaimah

The email for which I have been waiting has arrived and I can now announce that I will next month be moving to Ras Al Khaimah, one of the seven Emirates that make up the United Arab Emirates. Mutsumi will be joining me next year after completing her contract with her present employer.



I will be teaching at the women's Higher College of Technologies, about which you can learn a little more on their website here. If you want to know more about the Higher Colleges system, have a look here.




Ras Al Khaimah is right at the northern tip of the the UAE. You may notice a mountain range, which makes the geography a little more interesting than sand dunes. Dubai is quite close by, only a 60-90 minute drive. And if the Iranians ever decide to shut down the Strait of Hormuz, as they've threatened from time to time, we'll have a front row seat.

I'll post more later. For now, here are a couple of RAK promo videos.





#

2 comments:

  1. You have to give props to a video that makes picking dates look exciting.

    Good journey, Jeff! I'm looking forward to reading about your life there. I hope Mutsumi will be able to join you ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Date picking isn't exciting? Maybe I've made the wrong decision . . .

    ReplyDelete