Monday, September 3, 2007

Bye Bye Bangkok

It was far too short a stay.

After I was able to escape the guest house yesterday morning, I did a small tour of some of the temples in the area. I was able to find to a tuk-tuk driver at 6:30am and he was happy to find a customer to hire him for a couple of hours.







In the afternoon I had lunch with Peung and another of her friends, Pam, a lovely lady who runs her own travel agency. We dined at one of Bangkok's best restaurants, the Celadon. Like many of these award winning eateries, what makes the difference is not the food, but the service and presentation, and the Celadon does a great job at all three. We did two lunch sets, which netted us about 20 dishes and the restaurant about US$120. Pretty pricey for Bangkok, but would probably be twice as expensive in Japan, Europe or NA.

After filling up I spent the next three hours being kneaded and stretched by a traditional Thai masseuse, after which I went back to my room, showered, and slept.

And just as soon as I finish this, I'll be off to breakfast and then to the airport and to Kathmandu, where just in time for my arrival I see they've had a couple of bombings.

#

0 comments:

Post a Comment