Monday, September 10, 2007

Produce at the neighborhood convenience store

Just up the dirt road that runs in front of my guesthouse is a small family-run shop selling everything you might need, from fresh veggies to packaged food to toiletries, a home grown convenience store. I usually walk past without taking too much note. This morning was no different, except that I returned home almost immediately after I found out the end-of-the-rainy-season holidays started today. So on the way back I stopped to look over the selection and was surprised to find goya, a veggie commonly found in Okinawa, a bitter gourd that I don't much care for but was surprised to find they have here. For those that don't know goya, it's the bumpy cucumber-like thing on the left, just next to the pink bag of I-don't-know-what. The bag on the ground forefront contains fresh milk, packaged in plastic bags.

#

0 comments:

Post a Comment