Monday, September 10, 2007

No rain, no school

No rain for the last three days, which has been heavenly. Today we've even got quite a bit of sun and I'm again down to short pants and sleeves. The timing for the end of the rains couldn't have been better for the monks, who this weekend finished their rainy season retreat. Good for them, bad for those of us who want to study. This week school is on holiday while the monks get a chance to leave the monastery for the first time in 45 days. I'll be spending the week in my room and in the garden of the guesthouse with my nose pressed to paper. For those that might be interested, here's what I did this morning, another set of fish, though this one is on paper. I may even paint it this week.


It will be a change from fire, which is what I was doing last week in our afternoon painting classes.


#

0 comments:

Post a Comment