Friday, November 16, 2007

Mornings on the rooftop

I live at a guest house. There are a couple of other long-term residents, students of the Buddhist Studies program at Rangjung Yeshe Shedra, but aside from us most of the others are tourists in for a few days or a week or two. They're running around, seeing this and doing that and when you meet up with them in the lobby or at breakfast the conversation inevitably turns to recent activity.

I have to tell them that my days are rather routine. My schedule, in fact, looks like this:

04:30 wake up
04:50 meditate
05:30 yoga
06:45 meditate
07:30 breakfast
08:15 school
11:15 lunch
12:30 internet
13:30 school
16:45 read, write, shower
21:00 bed

I started out doing yoga at a nearby studio, but I got tired of walking out there to do the same routine that I could do just as easily on my own. And so for the last month I've been doing my morning yoga on the guest house roof. This is what it looks like.

The Himalayas on a clear autumn morning.

The White Gompa (color enhanced)


The mornings are getting a bit colder, so I may have to start doing my yoga indoors soon. Which with such lovely sights is a real shame.

#


0 comments:

Post a Comment